Sunday, July 8, 2018

A17–Building App using Angular and ASP.NET Core 2.1–Reactive Forms Validation

This post is a part of a series of posts that I am writing as I am building an app using Angular and ASP.NET Core 2.1. Links to previous posts –> A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16 Github Repo

I am currently watching Angular Reactive Forms course on Pluralsight by Deborah Kurata. I like Reactive Forms.

Today, I added form validation to shipping info page and payment info page.

image

image

Couple of things to note regarding behavior

1. Validation occurs as soon as you tab our or touch a control.

2. If you click on Next button then validation messages will be shown

3. Simple Regex pattern matching used for phone, card number, security code

4. Added dropdown for selecting card type and expiration month and year

5. Custom group validation implemented for validation Expiration month.

image

Special thanks to Loiane Groner for sharing code @ repo to show validation on button click. This trick and using a method to display validation messages saved a ton of repetitive code for me. I like it a lot.

Thanks to Debora Kurata for sharing code @ repo.

That’s all I have for today. Checkout latest changes on github and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment