Thursday, July 12, 2018

A19–Building App using Angular and ASP.NET Core 2.1–Review Order Details

This post is a part of a series of posts that I am writing as I am building an app using Angular and ASP.NET Core 2.1. Links to previous posts –> A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17, A18 Github Repo

On training front, I finished Angular Reactive Forms course by Deborah Kurata on Pluralsight and I am watching Angular Services course by Brice Wilson.

Today, I was able to accomplish following.

1. Create a Review Order Page.

2. Create relevant server side API methods to return data

3. On submit button show confirmation page.

image

image

image

One of the things I had to change was make model names to be camelCase so when retrieving nested object they would display appropriately.

While there are many many issues with the app, I am able to do accomplish one workflow of being able to checkout products in a wizard style format. Notice that I am returning hard coded data for order review page. Once we figure out persistent store we can then return data from data store. There is also an issue with user identity. We want to associate orders with a person and we want to associate orders with unique id. All of that complexity can be handled piece by piece.

Next I want to tackle authentication piece.

That’s all I have for today. Checkout latest changes on github and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment