Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Low cost method for organizing electronics components

So there is one problem you will have to deal with when you are beginning to work with electronics projects and that is organizing these tiny components like resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, etc.  There are different suggestions as this stackexchange question highlights. I ended by putting all these small components into tiny zip lock bags. The ones available in the grocery section of a super store will not work because they are little bit big.  I bought those pill bags found in the pharmacy section.  They look like this.
 You can put a strip of resistances say 1M ohms in one bag and use permanent marker to label it.
 Then I arranged ones with values like 10ohms, 100ohms, 150 ohms, 1k and so on in one big zip lock bag.

Yeah it is little bit hassle taking them out and putting back in.  In that case you might want to try those compartment boxes that you take along with you for fishing. They have adjustable dividers and you can put them in those.  In fact in the future that is way I am going to organize them.  I have one carry-on box with three decks in which I just dump all these zip lock bags and if I needed to carry entire box then I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment