Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A20-Upgrading to Angular 7 and ASP.NET Core

This post is a part of a series of posts that I am writing as I am building an app using Angular and ASP.NET Core 2.1. Links to previous posts –> A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17, A18, A19Github Repo

Due to personal issues (new job, new country, India trip), I wasn’t able to blog.

Since I posted last time, Angular came out with Angular 7 and a new SDK for .NET Core also came out. Instead of continuing on the older version of Angular I decided to update everything.

I updated

Node to latest version v11.3.0.

NPM is at 6.4.1

I updated Visual Studio to latest and VS Code to latest version.

For updating angular to 7, I followed steps outlined at https://update.angular.io/

Updated Angular-cli globally and locally

Updated Angular Core and RxJs stuff.

Github warns you of vulnerabilities and everytime you run npm commands it shows you issues with packages. There were lot of package vulnerabilities so one by one I removed all of them and npm audit is not complaining anymore. 

After updating all the packages and running ng update for angular packages, I was getting errors when running dotnet run.

image

I had to update nuget package Microsoft.AspNetCore.SpaServices.Extensions. After updating it, I had to fix package.json scripts section’s start and build command to remove –extract-css flags.

Last issue I had to fix was related to certain rxjs operator usages in the application, eg. of, map, catch.

image

After fixing those I was able to compile and run the command dotnet run to view the application in the browser as I used to do before.

No comments:

Post a Comment